Bouncy short hair [Sponsored]

by - July 09, 2018

Hello to my neglected space again. Sorry for the lack of updates. Been penning my thoughts down for my Greece trip (which is written halfway) and attempting to edit videos from my travel vlog and I overlooked writing this post up.

3 months ago (gosh, it was definitely awhile ago), I was invited by Raffael on behalf of my Australia University (Blue Mountains International Hotel Management School) to be a guest judge at Taste of Australia, held at Da Nang Vietnam. It is such an honor to be part of this prestigious event, which encourages young aspiring chefs in Vietnam to pursue their culinary dream. I had a very funfilled 4 days in Da Nang, which I will talk more about in my next blog post, so keep a lookout for that!


Photo with Raffael and the winners of the Taste of Australia culinary competition

Before i left for Vietnam, i thought to pop by my trusted salon, Hair Plus Korean Salon, to trim my hair and maybe change my hair colour. Usually, Su my choose the hairstyle and hair colour for me, but this time round, i thought of everything on my own for a change. Initially, i wanted to cut my hair to above shoulder and i showed some photos to Su. She said that although the photos look good, they usually have prepped their hair before taking the photos. Hence, if you're someone who doesn't curl/blow dry your hair everyday before u go out, its better not to get shorter hair. If not, your hair will end up curling like octopus... if you get what i mean.... hahahaha


Started off my session with hair dye. I chose a lighter hair colour with streaks of highlight.. I know you're probably thinking omg such an ahlian colour. hahaha! honestly, i used to have this hair colour when i was younger, in my poly days. Back then i think i looked quite ah lian :x  don't judge, but here's my ahlian hair back in 2009. I hope i still have readers after posting this photo up. hahahahaha.
p.s. i think my friend will hate me for life if his face is revealed in that photo. 

But i shall try it again and see if it's any better this time round....






Su roughly snipped off a portion of my hair that is not required before commencing with the highlight first. Left it on heat for about 20min then applied scalp protector and  steamed for about 10min. Then applied hair dye over , leave it on for 10min and wash off. Finally, with the shorter hair, Su began to trim and shape it. Since my hair went through hair dye and highlighting, she didn't do anything further to my hair for fear of damage. After the hair cut, she blow dry to c curls and i'm done! For the first time, i ended my hair session early hahaha.






The final look was soooooo nice and it made my hair look airy and bouncy! I can never blow dry them so nicely like how Su does.... Don't you guys agree? Hairstylists just have this flair of doing the blowdry so effortlessly nice.



my hair has grown out so much now that its no longer this short anymore. I guess it's time for another visit soon? Will update again! Have a great week ahead everyone!



xoxo,
Chye


You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram