Ethos Hair Treatment with Hair Plus Korean Salon [Sponsored]

by - October 17, 2018

If you guys have been following my blog for some time, you would know that I always get my hair fixed at Hair Plus Korean Salon, which has been my hair sponsor since 2015. My hair stylist used to be Su Kim, i'm sure you guys have heard this name appearing in my blog countless times. hahaha. However, Su is no longer with Hair Plus salon anymore.

My new hair stylist who will be taking care of my hair needs is none other than Sharon! Sharon is the salon's newest senior hairstylist fresh from Seoul with 15 years of salon experience. *wow* She brings the latest styles and trends popular among her customers back home. Specializing in natural volume perms, she creates chic hairstyles that you can manage easily everyday, while looking refreshed and put together.

Sharon & Myself

 As mentioned, Sharon is fresh from Korea hence her English is not entirely fluent. But throughout my hours of sitting at the salon, we didn't have any dull moments at all. Language barrier ain't a problem. p.s. they've got english speaking korean stylists too so don't worry.  It was Sharon's first time working on my hair, so she took some time to discuss on my needs/wants/restrictions/styles that I love. I think it was a little stressful for Sharon bcos she was afraid that i wouldn't like her style as i've been with Su for quite some time and changing a hair stylist suddenly can be worrying for some. Nonetheless, I'm very certain that i will be in good hands. Since I couldn't decide what I want (as usual), i leave it up to Sharon to design my hair. If you're just like me, clueless about hairstyles or colours, you can request for the hair stylist to design your hair for you. They will recommend the shape to cut, colours to match, and styles of hair that suits you and your daily lifestyle. To me, i feel that the important part about hairstyling is whether it suits your lifestyle. If I am a super sporty person, i wouldn't want a high maintenance hairstyle where I need to curl it/blow dry and style it all the time for it to look good. Likewise, if i'm someone who adopts a tai-tai lifestyle, I would want a hairstyle that matches my lifestyle for me to look good at all times.

Sharon decided not to perm my hair as I had highlighted the last time. Because of the highlighting, my hair texture may not be able to hold the shape of the perm, so it would be wasted if i went ahead with perms. Instead, she recommended me to touch up my roots and bring the highlights back to normal colour, and then go for an Ash Blue colour. No fancy styling this time, more of getting my hair back into shape. So it was just a trim to shape my hair, touching up colours, dying of Ash Blue colour and doing their new hair treatment called "Ethos Treatment".


Even though it didn't seem much, it was quite a big job as I had to colour touch up the roots and the mid portion of my hair to make it into the same colour before going over with the new intended colour. I think i spent 3-4 hrs in the salon doing that.. Also, my hair grows really fast, so my roots were very visible and i had so many different colours on my head. Oooopss. I should have visited the salon earlier.....


Alright, down to business! Here's Sharon giving my hair a slight trim. I wanted to cut my hair short but was advised against bcos it might curl outwards if it's at a shorter length than now. So i kept my current hair length, but got a trim on my fringe and layered the rest of my hair. After that, she started the first cycle of colouring - touching up of my roots. Then the application of scalp protector after the wash is done, before commencing on the second cycle of colouring - to tone the mid portion of my hair and the highlights to the original/darker hair colour. Afterwhich, the third cycle of colouring- turning my hair Ash Blue colour! Wooooo. I usually do the poofy hair steaming while dying my hair, but this time we skipped that, and wait it out for the colour to absorb naturally. It was about 30min of wait i reckon? The colour was really dark, but it will get lighter with every wash.

Once the hair dye is completed, I started on the Ethos hair treatment. Here's a little in-depth info on this Ethos hair treatment...

Ethos Hair Treatment is part of Hair Plus's Reminessance Scena line popularly used in Cheondam Dong salons, the up-market region of Seoul. 
This exclusive line is recommended for very damaged hair. It restores your hair's natural shine and luster through a unique clinically verified formulation. It is especially recommended for: 
- Severely damaged and nutrient deprived hair
- Dry, messy tangled hair from heating appliance damage
- Hair requiring restoration of moisture and volume

Ethos Hair Treatment:
- Contains a powerful natural antioxidant enzyme superoxide dismutase (SOD) which removes damaging oxygen free radicals
- Neutralizes residual chemicals,like peroxide, after coloring or other chemical services, hence maintaining the hair's natural pH balance
- Contains Silk polypeptide and ceramide to provide extra nourishment

So yeap, my hair fits all the above recommendation, being damaged and nutrient deprived, and desperately in need of restoration. hahahaha. It is also great for post hair colouring, as the treatment cream helps to get rid of the colouring chemicals on your head.


Jamie (another new senior hairstylist) executed the treatment for me this time round. The smell is soooo amazing! It smells like berries. This treatment works a little like shampoo, once the liquid is applied on your hair, a brush is used to massage your scalp while combing through your hair. The more bubbles there are on your scalp, it means there's chemical presence there, which the treatment will attempt to eliminate or neutralize with its pH balance. The brush will massage your scalp and don't be afraid to see it bubbling or foaming up. It's good for your hair to get rid of all these chemicals. After combing through, the treatment solution is left on for about 10min before washing it off. Then the next treatment cream is applied while your hair is still damp (at the basin), quick massage and comb through before washing it away.
p.s. They also sell the red hair brush at the salon!


 Ta-daaaa, that's how my new Ash Blue hair looks like. All rejuvenated and fresh looking as compared to when I first walked in to the salon... The hair colour is quite dark, looks kind of like black colour, but when the sunlight hits, you can see hints of blue and ash tones on it. I reckon it'll get more obvious after like 10 washes? hahaha, we shall see!




 Anyway, Hair Plus Korean Salon is having some October promotions for all you awesome people! Do check out their packages at their website or phone in to request for prices! 
1) 20% off Volume Rebonding + Korean Perm
2) 20% off 3-step moisture Hair Treatment
3) 10% off Volume Rebonding + Korean Perm Treatment Package

6235 2234 (Far east Plaza) / 6235 5883 (Suntec)

Till the next time!



Xoxo, 
Chye


You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram