CNY Hair Treatment [Sponsored]

by - January 31, 2019



February is drawing near! Which means, Chinese New Year is around the corner! My favourite time of the year (besides Christmas) because the feasting never ends. And its a legit excuse to buy new clothes. muahahaha. The best time for singles out there to get as many angbaos as possible, and for the wedded couples to be giving out angbaos till their legs crumble. hahaha!  CNY is also the busiest time of the year for beauty salons/ nail parlour / hair salons. I, too, am no different from the rest out there. Fixed my hair appointment with my regular salon and came in to revive my hair.

Since I only had 3 hrs to spare during then, I couldn't do much. Sharon recommended revitalizing my hair which were to do root touch up, treatment and a small trim to ensure my locks look healthy while doing CNY visiting. hahaha. Here's how my flat and grown-out-roots hair looks before:

Proceeded with the touching up my roots first. Had the scalp protector applied first before anything else takes place. If you recall previously, some time back when it was still the previous hair stylist doing my hair for me, she had highlighted my hair, which made some parts brighter than the rest. Since I didn't shave my head/cut short my hair, I had to let it slowly grow out and trim accordingly. My root touch up isn't entirely focused on my root but it extends further down till about 1/3 of my hair length so it helps to blend in and soften the contrast between the different tones. The hair dye is added progressively with each session to darken and even the colour out. My stylist, Sharon, reckons that I should be able to change a full head colour by my next session. And hopefully it stays.......
Once my hair dye is done, went to wash it off and did treatment for my dry and dull hair. 


Hairplus has 2 signature treatment types; Reminessance Scena Treatment and Milbon Treatment. Milbon Treatment is a 3-step treatment package, whereas Reminessance Scena Treatment is a 5-step treatment package. Both has different price to it and it's for different hair profile. Although Milbon is more popular and less costly, I opted for the Reminessance treatement as my hair suited the profile and it reacted well to it, staying soft for an extended period of time when I tried it the last time. This treatment is more suited for those with thin and softer hair. It's a 5-step process, helps to reduce water loss and improves hair shine. 


Step 1: The first part of this treatment is a "treatment-in-wash". I went over to the wash basin and had the treatment shampoo washed all over my hair and it was left bubbling there for 5 min before being washed off. This is one of the best smelling treatment shampoo I've ever smelt in my life. It somewhat resembles the smell of those long striped sugar candy, super berry flavoured. hahaha
Step 2: The treatment cream was applied to my hair then wrapped up in the hair steamer to steam for 5min. Proceeded to wash off (no shampoo involved) then back to my seat again for Step 3.
Step 3: After the wash, the 3rd step cream was applied and back to steaming for another 5 min. 
Step 4: Once 5min is up, step 4 cream is applied directly on the hair (without having to wash off) and steamed for another further 10min. 
Step 5: Went back to the wash basin to wash off the creams, and i laid there as the last step of treatment cream was applied through my hair and continued to use my phone for another 10min before getting it washed off. 

Althought it may seem like a hassle to shuttle continuously between the salon chair and the wash basin seat, the results are worth the walk. Plus, you get to enjoy the hair massage scrub! #cheapthrills 
Got my hair blow-dried and Sharon helped to trim my ends and shape slightly before calling it a day!
I initially wanted to cut fringe (trying to be daring again), but Sharon gave a big No-No. hahaha! Well, she knows that I'm going for my pre-wedding shoot in May and she's worried that my fringe may not grow out by then to do different hair styles for the shoot. Lol. okay then, I shall stick to this hairstyle for now.....

Here's my healthier and shinier hair looks after 2.5 hrs in the salon! fyi, i didn't perm my hair, Sharon just curled my hair slightly with a flat iron before i left the salon. haha



For all my readers out there who have yet to get their hair done, or are looking for a salon to do treatment or cut or anything else, here's some discount you get to enjoy for the month of February!
Enjoy 10% off all Perm Treatment Package (includes cut) !
Enjoy 20% off Milbon Treatment !
*Hairplus Korean Salon does not have CNY surcharge. Hurry down to get your hair done before CNY comes!

Till the next time, happy chinese new year to all!

xoxo,
Chye




You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram