How to look 5 years younger? [Adv]

by - January 26, 2017

Hello all! Sorry for being MIA for the longest time ever. Everytime when I come across something interesting to share, I'd document it down in point form and make a mental note to update my blog. but.... they always never make it to the blog post. :x oooops!

So, work at my new place has been great ! Coincidentally, it kinda matches my blog url! I started this blog in what, 2007 (?! has it been that long already?!!!) , and i named it thescarletwords.blogspot.com   I don't know if it's fate or what, but i'm currently working at The Scarlet Singapore! Tell me how much it reminds me of my own blog every time i start my emails with Greetings from The Scarlet Singapore! At times, I do write the scarlet words unknowingly..... (hehe)

Time flies while you're busy with life. I haven't had the chance to swing by my trusted salon for ages ever since my last visit in preparation for my Miss Tourism International Sri Lanka pageant. It's been THAT long.... But, i'm glad that the owners of Hair Plus Korean Salon and my trusty hairstylist, Su Kim, still welcome me with open arms and take the chance to catch up for lost times.

Since I haven't visited them for quite some time, Su suggested for me to go for a totally different look. Plus my hair had grown quite a fair bit, and gotten rougher too (lol). I'm currently in my mid twenties (going to late twenties soon), so naturally i would want to look younger and fresher. The first thing that came to Su's mind was "see-through bangs" or may be known otherwise as "airy bangs" or "wispy bangs". Apparently this hair style will literally knock 5 years off your age and instantly helps sculpt a more defined V-shaped face. I guess it's quite apparent that this hairstyle definitely works wonders if you were to notice several korean celebrities spotting similar hairstyles. Some familiar faces like.....

Yoon Eun Hye
Credits: Singapore Fashion Week
Song Hye Kyo
Credits: Allkpop

Lee Yeon Hee.
Credits: Pinterest
Han Hye Joo
Credits: Soompi 


Keen to find out how to achieve this ? Read on below for my hair transformation process...


Yes, this is my hair when I first arrive at the salon; tangled, unruly and out of shape. Su went straight to cutting away my precious locks. Fun fact: the only time i ever had bangs was in Secondary 3 and I deeply regretted it. It took me awhile to come to terms with my hair going back to bangs, but I always give my 101% trust to Su. This time, i took a video of my hair cutting process just for you guys who share the same fear as me. 


Right after hair cut, I had my hair dyed with brown base and purple hues, followed by faint red highlights. You can't really tell the purple or red colours, it's not like in-your-face kind of colours but more subtle kind if you look closely under the light. As a hotelier, I don't want to have too striking of a hair colour since i have to meet clients daily. These subtle hues are perfect for me (Y)



Here comes the hair treatment (blue/white bottle range)! I loveeeeee their korean hair treatment not just bcos it smells so damn good, but it also feels reallyyyy good! Oh, I tried the scalp care treatment as well. It comes with 3 steps; cleansing, moisturizing and lastly a mist to lock in all the nutrients. I tend to drop lots of hair during shower, sometimes even i feel that its too much to be normal. Many have said that it's normal to drop hair if you have long thick hair, but i kind of find it frightening to see that much hair on the floor each time after i shower. Hopefully this scalp care treatment will be able to help curb my abnormal hair fall problem before i turn bald. (fyi, my hair is still really thick & healthy, no signs of balding yet yeah). While the scalp treatment is on, it was steamed as well and it feel really cool and refreshing. After 10min + 10min + 10min, all the treatment steps was done and washed. My little bunch of fringe was permed for couple of minutes before getting it washed. 

2 hours later .... emerged a younger looking Jasmine!




Look at how healthy my hair looks now! It always look so revived after my session at Hair Plus Korean Salon. 



Do look for my trusty hairstylist, Su if you intend to visit the salon at FEP! P.s. she is only at fep, not at suntec. But fret not, there's other senior stylists at Suntec outlet too, who are equally capable of creating this look for you ;)


If you are wondering how do I look after a week or two or three .... here's some photos of me totally lovin' my new look!




It's really really easy to manage, super low maintenance! I don't even have to take any extra care of it, besides the usual conditioner, and serum once in awhile (once in a blue moon for me bcos i'm such a lazybum). Plus, i play water sports 3 times a week (thurs/sat/sun) and i don't have to fret over my hair turning cray cray. Love it each time I head down. 

Do visit their website to check out their monthly promotions! Click Here to check out their webby!  

Meanwhile, be safe on the streets and eat more during this festive season! I'll be heading to London tomorrow morning to bask in a Londoner's cny celebration. 
Happy Chinese New Year !!!!!


xoxo,
Chye


You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram